Become a Fan on FaceBook!

Mommy Vomitpants on Facebook

October 29, 2008

"Cold" and Tired

Since it's been "cold" here in Houston, (I'll be putting the word "cold" in quotes until I regularly have to make use of the heater in my house) I have been sleeping better. I always love the cold. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like to frolic about in the cold for long periods of time, but I do like to put on a jacket and see my breath in the air once in a while and I especially like having to wear a sweater and/or pants inside the house.

Now, even though I have been sleeping better, doesn't mean I have been sleeping longer. See, David got me a Nintendo DS Lite for my birthday (like I asked for, in pink) along with (the also much requested) Space Invaders Extreme (SIE)...

My 7-year-old nephew got one for his birthday and after I played it I HAD TO have it. And now I do, much to my chagrin. Why chagrin about it? Well, because after Willow is in bed and the dishes are done and the cleaning is done and I have gotten everything ready for the next day, I have about 45 minutes to myself before I should go to bed in order to get a decent night's sleep. My goal is always 9:30pm for bed since I have to get up at 5:00am the next day when David is on a trip, as he is now. That gives me a good 7.5 hours of sleep, right?

Well, it would if I went to sleep the second my head hit the pillow. And then if I could get back to sleep after I wake up (every morning it seems) at about 4:00am. I guess I get "back to sleep" but it's not restful sleep because my brain knows I have to wake up soon. But I digress.

Last night I finished all the things I wanted to do a little after 8:30pm. That included making a post on the family blog. Not too bad but I know I can do better. Since I am "this" close to getting to level 5 on SIE I thought I'd give it a quick go. But then that leads to another quick go. I stopped myself after 2 tries because otherwise I'd never get in one of the many plethora of shows I record on the DVR. And I certainly don't play Brain Age as much as I should.

This would all be moot if Willow slept past 6:00am. But, she doesn't. I am lucky if she sleeps to 5:30am, let alone past 5:30am. What would I give to sleep in until 7:00am? I don't know but surely not my NDS and not my television shows. We have to escape reality in some way or another, am I right?

So, I'll continue to be tired and I'll continue to complain about it every once in a while. Because one day I know I'll get a decent night's sleep. One day in the distant future. Until then I can try and remember what it was like to be fully rested and smile a bit at the memory.

blog comments powered by Disqus