Become a Fan on FaceBook!

Mommy Vomitpants on Facebook

February 27, 2009

Mom's Night Out - He's Just Not That Into You

So, we had our latest "Mom's Night Out" this past Wednesday and saw He's Just Not That Into You.

I am positive you have heard of this movie with it's all star cast which includes Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin (who made the movie, in my opinion), Justin Long, and Kevin Connelly.

We actually saw the movie at a dinner theater called Star Cinema Grill and the whole night was just awesome!! Getting a break form the kids is really priceless and something that we moms deserve from time to time!! Luckily we have husbands who agree!!

So, how about that dinner and movie??

Let me begin with dinner at a "Dinner Theater", that is to say a movie theater where they serve dinner while you watch, I HIGHLY recommend it. Especially this particular one since they offer a variety of beer, wine, and mixed drinks. And the menu is varied with delicious food. Whether it's appetizers, entrees, or desserts you are looking for they have it!! They also have a traditional popcorn and candy if that's what you want but I would go to a regular theater for those.

It took me a long time to FINALLY try this place but now we go there all the time!! I mean you get the dinner and movie all at once!! What could be better? Especially for mom's on the go!! I mean we don't mind leaving the kids with the significant other but we don't want to take too much advantage!!

Now for the movie...

(Trailer here)

Call my kooky, but I couldn't help noticing things like the women's hair and eyebrows. Is that superficial? Like Beth (Jennifer Aniston) had little wisps of hair that were always noticeable no matter how she wore it and that reminded me of myself and MY hair!! Damned if it doesn't seem to fall out more than it grows and I always see those little "new" hairs poking out, especially in the Texas humidity. I don't know, it's just nice to know that movie stars aren't all perfect.

And then there was Gi Gi (Ginnifer Goodwin) who had what I thought were perfect eyebrows. Do eyebrows like that really exist? I mean they must since she had them but I have never seen them in real life.

One warning about this movie. It is about 2 hours and 20 minutes long. That is kind of long for your typical "chick flick" but it was well worth the time.

I always say that were I a lesbian, Jennifer Connelly would totally be on my list. She is so naturally beautiful. I always think of the Labyrinth (of course) when I see her and more recently Hulk (I have no clue as to why they decided to remake that one, but I digress).

The movie told the stories of several women who were either in relationships or looking for love. Being married, I could sympathize with the people in relationships. And I have to say it made me appreciate the wonderful marriage I have and the husband that I love so very much. It really made me happy to NOT be in the dating scene.

It's kind of funny how having a baby makes me feel like I am half of an "old married couple". The one thing I would say that the movie lacked, if anything, was a child in one of the relationships. But then maybe that's not the norm for your mid 30's crowd. These days everyone is waiting for just the right time to have a baby. I can tell you from experience that there is no "right" time so if that's what you're waiting for, you will always be waiting.

Well, I don't want to give anything away from the movie but I thought they spent just the right amount of time with each character and they story fit together quite nicely.

If you weren't aware, the movie is based on the book of the same name. I haven't read it but I think I may just pick it up!! The original, newly expanded edition, and companion guide are linked below.



What are we seeing next? I have no idea. But you'll be one of the first to know!!

blog comments powered by Disqus