Become a Fan on FaceBook!

Mommy Vomitpants on Facebook

July 24, 2009

Welcome the Pad



A discussion about feminine products and my evolutionary views on them as I have aged into my 30's.

When you're young and hip and on the go, you tend to use certain "products" over others during your Aunt Flo's visit. Am I right? And, let's be honest, when you're young the tampon is what most women use. Especially in this day and age when it seems (to me, at the risk of sounding prudish) like young women are wearing less and less. We can't have that bothersome pad sticking out and ruining our outfit, can we?

However, since having a baby, my views have changed. And I am uncertain as to whether it's to do with the fact that something so large came out of an opening that was so small, but tampons just don't seem to FIT like they used to.

And, since I was bleeding after giving birth for about 5 weeks, I got to know the pad a little better. We became friends, of a sort. And, if you haven't checked them out lately, the pads of today are not your mother's pads. They are very thin, have great adhesive, and don't feel at all like a diaper.

Tampons on the other hand don't seem to stay in place. I sneeze and it seems to dislodge. And I have used everything from regular to super with the same results on all counts.

So, what gives? Am I just getting old? Maybe so, but I have never been happier than I am with my pad. If you haven't tried them out in a while and are looking for a change, try them out! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let's just hope I remember how to use a tampon when my daughter is old enough to use them.




If you liked what you read here and are a member on FaceBook, please become a fan of Mommy Vomitpants!

blog comments powered by Disqus