Become a Fan on FaceBook!

Mommy Vomitpants on Facebook

November 13, 2009

Thank You's


I read a story today about a couple here in Texas whose little baby developed without eyes. She literally has no eyeballs. She will never ever see. She will never see her parents or herself. She will never see clouds in the sky or sunsets. This makes me want to cry. It also makes me so very grateful for everything I have in my life.

Everyone has things about their lives that they would like to change. We want a better job, or a better house. We want to lose weight or get married or divorced. Heck, sometimes I just wish I had that particular shirt in a different color. Since the Thanksgiving season is one of being thankful I have decided to do that....a little early.

TODAY (the list changes day to day) I am MOST thankful for:
  • God

  • my family

    • my sister

    • my in-laws (who are like second parents to me)

    • my mother (she did give me life after all)

  • my husband

    • his never ending love

    • his hugs and kisses

    • the way he loves my daughter

    • the way he looks at me when he thinks I'm not looking

  • my daughter (who is my heart)

    • her laugh

    • her smile

    • her hugs

    • her tears

    • her just being alive

  • our health

  • my job

  • my friends (old and new)

  • the fall

  • sunrises (sun awake mommy!)

  • fog in the morning

  • coffee (if only it woke me up)

Granted, it's a short list. The real list of what I am thankful for would take too long to write and you'd likely not want to read it. It all boils down to being grateful for the life I have.

The whole point of the entry, I suppose, is to stop and THINK ABOUT the things you are truly grateful for whenever something gets you down. There are many blessings in life, you just have to find them.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!


If you liked what you read here and are a member on FaceBook, please become a fan of Mommy Vomitpants!

blog comments powered by Disqus